Monday, April 27, 2009

Part two - Pass the bread please

I stand corrected. 

In my previous entry on rye bread, I mentioned a bakery located at 57th and Fraser in Vancouver. A reliable source informed me that said baker is called Breka Bakery and is actually located at 49th and Fraser. So, if you've been wandering around the lower regions of Fraser Street, drooling over the thought of a good loaf of rye, head north young man. You'll find what you seek.

Another bread discovery worth checking out if you're in Victoria, BC: Wildfire Bakery at 1517 Quadra. Unfortunately, the owner of Wildfire must be even more of a Luddite than I am, as they don't have a website. But trust me, if you need a good, dense, chewy loaf and you don't want to drive to Cowichan Bay, Wildfire is the place to go.

No comments: